Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fake it til you make it...

Well, the fun thing about having sent off Blade's Edge to my copy editor, is that this week I have been working on things that have little to do with writing or editing, and everything to do with graphic design and formatting.

Have I mentioned before that I am NOT a graphic designer?

That doesn't seem to stop me from pretending to be one. This formatting thing is... well picky. It's a lot of small corrections. It's a lot of spending time tweaking tiny details and then hoping that they turn out how you think they will.

I know a couple of independent authors who are actually quite successful, but who still format their books themselves. I'm hoping that I can channel some of their talent. Really, I think in this particular matter, as long as one keeps things relatively simple, it's just a question of having the patience to make all the changes and then check them.

In addition to formatting, I am now working on making the bookmarks, t-shirts, and posters for all of the kickstarter backers. Of course, I'm using Juan Carlos' amazing artwork so all I really have to do is decide how to display it. To be honest, the most difficult one is going to be the bookmarks because I can only use a small segment of the artwork.

In other news, I'm gearing up to see my family next week and to see my husband tomorrow! I haven't seen my hubby in five weeks, so I'm very much looking forward to our reunion!

Here is a picture that I took a few days ago of Sedona looking beautiful. Just because.

Now I'm back to playing graphic designer.


PS. This is my 100th post on this particular blog... Not sure how to go about celebrating that, but I thought it warranted a mention. 

No comments :

Post a Comment