Friday, January 15, 2016

In which a cold destroys my week...

So, of course, right after I published a post that included statements about how infrequently I've gotten sick in the last year and half... I came down with a nasty head cold. Perhaps ironically, I started feeling congested and foggy headed halfway through writing that blog. So, if it didn't seem overly coherent to you, that may be why. But it came on in full on Tuesday and has only started releasing me in the past 24 hours. Not gone yet, but slowly unclenching it's evil grip...

In case you're wondering though, I held true to my word and took the dog out to enjoy the winter weather all the days that I was sick. It was only on the first full day of illness (Tuesday), where I felt so terrible that I barely managed to get us outside before it was dark, that the combination of me not feeling well, the temperature having dipped farther due to the sun almost being gone, and a full day of artificial warmth caused us to only make a quick loop around the block before coming back home. However, the rest of the week the dog got the full 1.5 hours of outdoor snow romping, and honestly those were the moments where I felt the most energetic out of the whole time. So I stand by my playing outside even when sick rule, but I would like to stop being sick anyway, if that's ok with everyone.

Anyway, I had planned to release the kickstarter video series this week. However, being sick has done two things: it has made my head foggy enough that editing the video I had already recorded is much slower going than it should be, and it has made it inadvisable to record any new video. I don't think you want to see videos of me looking like beat up anemic kitten and sounding like a pack a day smoker. Or maybe you do, but I don't want to show them to you.

So, I am behind on the video releases, but they are forthcoming. I'm hoping to get them recorded and edited by the end of next week. There are a lot of them. The first is an overview about whether or not one should pursue a Kickstarter and then there are three more about how to actually go about making and running a successful Kickstarter before launch, during the campaign, and after the campaign is successful. I have it all scripted out, I'm just waiting to be able to talk again.

In the meantime, I have not gotten much writing done as I have not felt like I can get words to come to me easily. That ends today. It's the 15th and I don't have much time to get my act together. There will be 2000 words today, whether they are good words or not. I need to get back into the story and get working. If I don't finish the first draft before February there is no chance that I'll be able to get this book ready for May.

Alright, this has been a text heavy update on all that's been going on in my writing world lately. Sorry about that. It's all I'm capable of at the moment. Thought it was better than maintaining radio silence, plus it gives you an idea of what is coming up. Hope everyone is well! May you not get this nasty head cold. Here's a video of air freezing the water off the top of the river from the other day (making it look like steam):



No comments :

Post a Comment